Summer. Temptation, Social Events, Beach, Travels…
Follow these easy tips that will set you up for success, stay healthy and on track:
- DON’T SKIP MEALS – chose balanced and satiating meals and snacks. Aim to eat every three to four hours, and include both protein and fiber nutrients.
- MEAL PREP IN ADVANCE – set one day a week (usually Sunday works) to slice fresh veggies, cook some type of protein and healthy carbs. Keep in airtight containers in the fridge so you can easily put together: omelettes, salads, soups and grain bowls.
- PACK NUTRITIOUS SNACKS AND LUNCH – bring lunch to work as many times as possible during the week.
- POWER UP BREAKFAST: never skip it – and try adding some type of protein and fiber. Try a veggie omelette with a slice of bread and avocado, or a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of almond butter and fruit.
- FOCUS ON EATING MORE PLANTS – aim to fill ½ of your plate with veggies (fresh, cooked, boiled, grilled…) mix it up!
- DRINK MORE WATER – helps regulate digestion and keep energy levels up. Try to drink two glasses of water 30 mins before each meal.
- DON’T DEPRIVE YOURSELF – have a treat from time to time and enjoy it! Otherwise chances of giving in and binging will increase over time.
- MOVE MORE – find a way to move more during the day. Walk, take the stairs, stand up while talking on the phone.
- SLEEP – make sleep a priority. Aim to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours. Sleep helps keep hunger hormones on track and reduce cortisol (your stress hormone)